Full professor at The August Chelkowski Institute, University of Silesia
2012 – 2016 Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
1999 – 2005 Vice-dean for student affairs at the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
2000 – 2016 Chief of the Department of Solid State Physics in Institute of Physics.
1. The main researches were focus on the structural and dynamic studies using X – ray neutron diffraction and Raman scattering in perovskite materials.
2. Since 1999 the studies of the new photosensitizers applied in the photodynamic tumor therapy: synthesis, physical characterizations, biological tests on cancer cells, in vitro and in vivo studies.
3. Studies of the nanomaterials such liposomes, CNT, nanoparticles applied as a drug carriers to tissues
Grants and projects:
1. Ministry of the Sciences and Higher Education grant – R05 043 03, University of Silesia (2008 – 2010), Elaboration of synthesis technology and pharmaceutical form of novel potential photosensitizing drugs with particular therapeutic and societal valors 1.4 mln zł (leader),
2. Operating Programme EU, priority IV High Education, – action 4.1.1 „“Enhanced of the education potential of the High School” project UPGOW – Uniwersytet Partnerem Gospodarki Opartej na Wiedzy, – UDA-POKL.04.01.01-00-215/08-00
(2008 – 2014) 44 mln zł (main leader),
3. Grant promotorski – N N405 068440. The new iron chelators for cancer therapy (2011 – 2013 ) (leader),
4. Operating Program EU Innovation of the Economy (2007 – 2013, creation the new scientific labs – 10.8 mln zł), priority 2 – Silesian BIO-FARMA Centre of Biotechnology, Bioengineering and Bioinformatics (leader of the project in the part realized by University of Silesia),
5. Operating Program EU Infrastructure and Environment priority axis XIII (2008 – 2012) – Silesian Centre for Education and Interdisciplinary Research (one of the coordinator of the project). cost: 65 mln zł,
6. Operating Program EU Infrastructure and Environment priority axis XIII (2012 – 2015) – Centre of Applied Sciences II part of Silesian Centre for Education and Interdisciplinary Research (one of the coordinator of the project). cost: 36 mln zł.
Leader of the specialization on the Physics master studies “Nanophysics and mesoscopic materials – modeling and applications” realized as a common Polish – French master studies, with the University of Maine, France. Co-author of the new studies “Biophysics”,
The member of the polish and international organizations:
- International Union of Crystallography member, since 1976
- International Centre of Diffraction Data (elected member ICCD), since 1997
- Polish Crystal Growth Society (member), 2000
- European Society of Photodynamic Therapy od 2008
- Member of Nanonet Foundation (Poland) 2011
Co-author or author about 100 publications in international referred journals
Number of citations > 840, Impact Factor = 19