Andreas Falk, MSc (male) is CEO of BNN, studied medical analytical technologies, as well as business administration (Master degree at University of Graz). He was and is part of more than 40 completed/ongoing research projects in the thematic fields of (nano-)medicine, nanotechnology, nanotoxicology, health, sensor technologies, and sustainable chemistry/ development.
His relevant positions:
- member of the coordination team of the European NanoSafety Cluster,
- vice-chair of Working Group “safety & characterization” of the European Technology Platform Nanomedicine,
- European Technology Platform SusChem (member of the leadership team of the national technology platforms;
- member of advisory board of European projects (e.g. Sinfonia, FlexFunction2Sustain),
- permanent member of the Austrian nanoinformation commission, an advisory group to the Federal minister of Health, Austria,
- plenum member of standardization groups à ISO TC 229; CEN TC 352; involved as expert in several working groups.
In the field of nanosafety/nanotoxicology/nanomedicine as well as industrial innovation support (e.g. innovation hubs, Closer-to-the-market aspects), he contributed >80 oral and >30 poster presentations on international scientific conferences and workshops.
He is involved in shaping the European strategies towards implementation of the “safety and sustainability by design” concepts within the European high-tech ecosystem.