Nazende Günday-Türeli, PhD, (female) is an acknowledged scientific manager with > 15 years of international R&D experience in pharmaceutical companies. After completing her bachelor’s degree in chemistry at Bogazici University, Istanbul, she focused on pharmaceutical sciences and received Biotechnology Master Degree from University of Saarland, Saarbrücken. She has PhD degree from University of Saarland, Biopharmacy and Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology.
She is experienced on QbD approaches and GMP manufacturing. Her academic expertise is on nanobiotechnology, where research interests involve nanoparticulate drug delivery systems. Her research has been rewarded and recognised through several international and national organizations, as well as peer reviewed journals. To date she successfully coordinated and participated as principal investigator in >20 national and international projects receiving funding from H2020, MSCA-ITN, FP7, COST Actions, ESA, EuroNanoMed, Eurostars, Bmbf, ZIM etc.
Her relevant positions
- Head of R&D Pharma at MyBiotech GmbH, responsible for the design, management and evaluation of pharma research activities and projects
- Industry Representative of Controlled Release Society (CRS) Nanomedicine and Nano Delivery Focus Group
- Member of Advisory Board of European projects (e.g. NanoCarb etc.) and national projects (e.g. MyringoSeal, DrugDispersity etc.)
- Member of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- Member of Controlled Release Society (CRS) Germany Chapter
She is 2014 Global Innovation in Formulation Pharma Award Winner for the development of “Counter-ion Complexes for Enhanced Load in Nanocarriers”. She has assisted initiation and foundation of Pharmaceuticals National Technology Platform in Turkey.